- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoStrategies for the oral production of the english language as didactic resource(Universidad de Guayaquil. Facultad de Filosofía, Letras y Ciencias de la Educación, 2023-09-21) Tapia Vera , Bolívar Alexander; Bermúdez Rugel, LuisSpeaking a second language is the most difficult skill for several students since this oral skill is not promoted correctly in the classroom or is not fully understood, the main objective is to promote a communicative approach through gamification where students can participate among themselves, with the help of interactive teaching resources an e-book was created with teaching strategies that will be very useful since the teacher can use it as support in the classroom and it will be the role play, this exercise provides greater confidence and encourages the student to develop oral expression. This educational project took place with the eighth-grade students of the Víctor Zeballos Mata educational unit, the findings found in the present study, demonstrated through observation the possible cause of low performance in oral expression when students performed a task directed by the teacher. It is concluded that the implementation of an e-book with educational strategies such as role play will be of great help to complement the education of students, thus improving their oral expression.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoThe scanning technique in literal reading comprehension level A1.1.(Universidad de Guayaquil. Facultad de Filosofía, Letras y Ciencias de la Educación., 2023-09) Astudillo Ruiz, Michelle Doménica; Pesantez González, Karol Alexandra; Cruz Rizo, LornaThis research work was carried out to assess the influence of the use of the scanning technique in the development of literal reading comprehension to improve the deficit detected in the 8th year EBG students of the "Escuela de Educación Básica Fiscal Ranulfo Aureliano Rodríguez Marín". Initial observations showed that students faced difficulties in finding specific information and main ideas in texts, preventing comprehension and requiring long time to efficiently process a text. The study was carried out through an exhaustive bibliographic review where the use of the scanning technique was highlighted as a possible solution to the detected problem. In addition to this, the research instruments applied corroborated the scarcity of reading techniques used to promote the cognitive skills of the teaching-learning process of the English language in students during reading activities. Therefore, as a measure to improve reading development, the researchers propose the use of a system of reading activities centered on the scanning technique for A1.1 students. The proposal aims to improve students' reading development by providing them with a novel and specific system of activities for this level, based on the use of the scanning technique which will help them to significantly improve their linguistic and cognitive knowledge during literal reading and their overall understanding of the language.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoThe use of didactic resources for developing speaking skills on students of a1 level.(Universidad de Guayaquil. Facultad de Filosofía, Letras y Ciencias de la Educación., 2023-09) Vega Naura, Silvana Anabel; Padilla García, Alex Patricio; Bermúdes Rugel, LuisThe project "The Use of Teaching Resources to Develop Speaking Skills in Eighth Grade Students" focuses on improving the speaking skills of eighth grade students through the integration of effective teaching resources. The main objective is to address the challenges that beginners often face in speaking and to increase their confidence and competence in using the target language. Through the use of a variety of learning resources, such as interactive activities, role-play and play techniques, the project aims to create an engaging and immersive learning experience. These resources are carefully designed to fit the curriculum of the mentioned level and meet the specific needs and learning styles of the students. Aiming to investigate the use of didactic resources for the development of Public Speaking skills in eighth grade students through a field study, statistical analysis and literature review in order to design a didactic guide. The ultimate intention is to provide students with a complete set of tools that promote linguistic competence. The quantitative approach of this research has allowed us to conduct surveys to students and teachers, the type of research according to its purpose is field or applied, in addition to the exploratory research, having as population the above mentioned students of the Juan Montalvo school, considering the directors, teachers, students to whom the survey and the interview to teachers and directors were applied. In conclusion, it is important to recognize that this project aims to improve and highlight oral expression, emphasizing the practice of pronunciation when learning a language that does not correspond to a person's mother tongue.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoEnhancing vocabulary retention in esl students through nearpod.(Universidad de Guayaquil. Facultad de Filosofía, Letras y Ciencias de la Educación., 2023-09) Córdova Baquerizo, María José; González Córdova, NoraVocabulary for the comprehension of the other skills is important because without vocabulary there is no understanding of reading or writing, Nearpod as a technological tool in this study proposes to be an aid for the retention of vocabulary for a better understanding and acquisition of different vocabulary, this study proposes with the methodological guide directed towards teachers to be a support for learning and practicing vocabulary. With the features that Nearpod brings is extremely helpful for participants to review, reinforce and apply the new vocabulary adquired. Motivation is an important part for learning, with Nearpod students will feel excited to play and while practicing, improve and acquire new vocabulary. This study was made in Unidad Educativa Leonhard Euler to the ninth-grade students to get information about the problem that this study tend to analize and propose a solution and a guide to incorporate Nearpod in the classrooms. Also, it can be apply in online version classes and in face-to-face version of classes.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoUsing podcasts to improve efl learners' listening skills.(Universidad de Guayaquil. Facultad de Filosofía, Letras y Ciencias de la Educación., 2023-09) Van Den Bosch Lozada, Jean-Luc Rafael; Bazurto Lucas, Lissette Berenice; Morales Ramírez, GlendaThis project aims to assess the impact of podcasts on enhancing listening skills in English among B1 level students at the educational unit "Unidad Educativa Salesiana Cristóbal Colón" in Guayaquil. The study employs a mixed-methods approach, combining qualitative and quantitative methodologies. The research design is exploratory-descriptive, using surveys with students and an interview with the English teacher as data collection techniques. Student surveys were conducted to evaluate their interest in learning English through podcasts and to assess their listening abilities. The research data analysis revealed that podcasts positively influence students' listening skills. Based on these findings, we created a guide with strategies for improving English language teaching through podcasts. This research provides valuable insights into the benefits of integrating podcasts to enhance listening skills in English language learning at the B1 level.